EPLAN Electric P8: Power for electrical project management and engineering
EPLAN Electric P8 – electrical engineering design software
EPLAN is an electrical engineering design program, offering innovative options for the planning, documentation and management of electrical design projects. The EPLAN ‘platform’ supports interdisciplinary engineering work, from fluid and process engineering to harness and enclosure design.
EPLAN Electric P8 enhances efficiency in the design, documentation and management of automation projects for machinery and plant. Automatically generated, detailed reports based on the circuit diagrams are an integral component in completing the comprehensive documentation and supplying the data required for downstream product phases such as production, assembly, commissioning and service. Engineering data from other project areas can be exchanged via interfaces and therefore guarantees continuity and integration over the entire product creation process. The EPLAN platform integrates all relevant disciplines in the development and design process. Interdisciplinary working becomes reality thanks to the many different functions and the direct connection to fluid power, electrical instrumentation, control engineering and control cabinet engineering.
EPLAN Electric P8 offers unlimited possibilities for project planning, documentation, and management of automation projects. The automatic production of detailed reports based on wiring diagrams is an integral part of a comprehensive documentation system and provides subsequent phases of the project, such as production, assembly, commissioning and service with the data required. Engineering data from other project areas can be exchanged via interfaces with the CAE software, thus guaranteeing consistency and integration throughout the entire product development process.
- You determine the method of operation
Each planning procedure has its advantages in certain project phases – be it generating initial graphical machinery/plant overviews, creating schematics or recording project information in the database independently of the graphics. The ideal situation is for an engineering system to support these different planning approaches with equal priority. You decide which method of operation is the most efficient for you, and EPLAN provides continuous consistency in the project data, regardless of your method of operation.
- Project documentation – quantity and quality
With comprehensive and individually configurable check runs, you determine how strictly EPLAN monitors the quality level of your documentation. In this way, the downstream stages of the process are provided with all of the required information from the engineering itself – continuous product creation through to manufacturing, installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance.
- Concentrating on essentials
You concentrate on your engineering work, and EPLAN looks after the consistent management of project data. This enables you to quickly create high-quality machinery and plant documentation.
- Variant engineering – innovative, powerful and impressive
Recycling and standardisation are the keywords for saving time over the long term. Schematic macros for easy production of standardised partial circuits speed up your engineering process. EPLAN Electric P8 consistently goes a step further: partial circuits (macros) can contain graphical variants, different types of display and predefined value tables.
- Internationally standardised and continuously localised
EPLAN Electric P8 supports global standards such as IEC, NFPA, the Russian GOST standard and the Chinese GB standard with appropriate master data and sample projects. The optional standard conversion ensures that you remain competitive as globalisation increases. Thanks to continuous Unicode capability, EPLAN Electric P8 provides schematics in any language on the basis of your individual translation databases – from Chinese circuit diagrams to Russian part lists, everything is translated online or as soon as the plant is complete.
- Added value at a glance
The combination of standard functions and optional extensions in EPLAN Electric P8 allows you to optimise your entire planning process and increase the quality of your automation documentation in the long term.
- Graphical and device-oriented planning
- Automatic and individual DT allocation and connection numbering
- Automatic creation of cross references between
– Interruption points, contacts, symbols and components, PLC’s
– Single line, multi-line display and mounting layout
– Different subsystems (E-technology, fluid power and I&C)
- Auto connecting and Smart connecting
- Macro variants, value sets and project-wide option technology
- Automated processing using scripts
- Integrated IEC, NFPA, GOST and GB symbol library
- Quick and easy navigation with “go to” and search function
- Mass editing of project data in Excel
- Undo and redo function
- Checking procedures for signalling logical planning errors
- Quick information and context-sensitive help
- Adaptable layer management for selective display of project data
- Navigators for rapid project data locating and direct processing
- Automatic addressing of PLC components (I/Os)
- Integrated part management with configuration of the part structure and SQL access
- Unicode capability for project creation and translation in any language
- Project, version and rights management
The functions and options always relate to the maximum configuration of the product.
Get started on the path to improving engineering design times, costs and the quality of your:
- Electrical Control Systems
- Fluid Power Systems
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
The EPLAN Assessment:
Get expert guidance from EPLAN Software & Service, and examine how our technology can benefit your organization.
Product videos: Get an insight
System requirements EPLAN Electric P8
Note: The programs of the EPLAN platform are only available as a 64-bit version in the current Version 2.7.
- General requirements
The Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.2 is required to operate the EPLAN platform. Further information and the current version of this Microsoft component are available for download from the Microsoft website.
You will find .NET Framework 4.5.2 on your EPLAN storage medium. Switch to the following directory: cd-rom\Services\Net Framework 4.5.2
To install .NET Framework, double-click the file NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe.
- Operating systems
The EPLAN Platform supports the 64-bit variants of the Microsoft operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
The EPLAN language installed must be supported by the operating system.
The EPLAN Platform has been cleared for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit) Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Pro, Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Pro, Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
- Terminal Server with Citrix XenApp 7.6 and Citrix Desktop 7.6
Prerequisite for the creation of Microsoft Office file formats from EPLAN is a functioning installation of an Office version as approved by EPLAN on the PC.
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit and 64-bit)*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
*Depending of the selection of the databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary, the use of a 64-bit Office version is compulsory.
SQL server (64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Adobe Reader Version XI
- Adobe Reader Version XI Standard / Pro
- Adobe Reader Version DC
- Adobe Reader Version DC Standard / Pro
PLC systems (PLC & bus extension)
- ABB Automation Builder
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.10
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.11
- 3S Codesys
- Mitsubishi GX Works2
- Schneider Unity Pro V10.0
- Schneider Unity Pro V11.1
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 Version 5.4 SP4
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 Version 5.5
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 TIA Version 14 SP1
- logi.cals Automation
- Rexroth IndraWorks
- Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect V20
- Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect V21
64-bit version of the EPLAN Platform
Since the EPLAN Platform is available as a 64-bit version, please observe the following points:
If you want to use Access databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary, the Microsoft operating system has to be installed in the 64-bit version. Any Microsoft Office applications that are possibly installed must also be installed consistently in the 64-bit version.
If you have installed the Microsoft Office applications in the 32-bit version, you have to use SQL Server databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary.
Note: The Microsoft Access Runtime component is furthermore required in order to use Access databases in the EPLAN Platform.
If you have not installed Microsoft Office or if you use Microsoft Office without Microsoft Access, you must download the Microsoft Access Runtime component as a separate download from the Microsoft Internet site.
If you use Microsoft Office with Microsoft Access, this component is installed as well depending on the respective Microsoft Office installation:
• This component is contained at an installation up to and including Microsoft Office 2013 in as far as Microsoft Access is installed as well.
• In the case of a “click-to-run” installation of Microsoft Office 2016 this component is not included in the installation of Microsoft Access. In this case you also have to download the Microsoft Access Runtime component.
Further information (for example about the installation of the 64-bit version, the automatic update of projects, etc.) is available under: http://www.eplan.info/quickstart
Modified Hardware Prerequisites
As of Version 2.6 the EPLAN Platform can only be run on computers with multi-core processors.
Kata Kunci Terkait:
EPLAN Electric P8 Professional Network, Jual EPLAN Electric P8, harga EPLAN Electric P8, spesifikasi EPLAN Electric P8